Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Thoughts

Memorial Day Thoughts

Memorial Day Memories©

A serious time, yet one that always brings hope…. It seems like yesterday, when but a lad of eleven, twelve and thirteen, back in Union City, PA. I was a junior member of the VFW Post Drum and Bugle Corps, an adventure I shall never forget and always cherish. A time that I learned of wars and of those who fought them and those who remained at home to await the return of their loved ones. I learned the deepest respect for the old timers and their stories of valor and fear and faith and courage, often in eulogies at graveside. The drums beat cadence, the glockenspiels called the order, and the bugles recalled taps in honor of all who passed in the line of duty, as they hav e done for time beyond my memory and will, I hope, long after I am gone.

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, Memorial Day Memories©
Vietnam Era Veteran, Father of 3 Gulf War Era Veterans



Memorial Day Ramblings©

Memorial Day Weekend- Please Remember Our Veterans' On Memorial Day, and every day, please pause for a moment or two to consider the sacrifices of all Veterans' who have given freely, so that we all may and may always enjoy our freedom. As it was their job to defend our freedom, so it becomes our job to honor their memories.

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, Memorial Day 2008©

Memorial Day©

Memorial Day, once a time, to commemorate,those who have fought & died in wars, to keep us great.Those feelings, now I fear, have greatly weakened,instead replaced, by America’s love, of the 3 day weekend.

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, Memorial Day 2008©

My heart is heavy©

My heart is heavy, but its a better one, because I've known my comrades, and shared their pain....

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, My heart is heavy©

For Our Forgotten Veterans©

For those who served,but were not served in returnwe thank youwe salute youwe pray for youwe offer our hand to you…we pledge you will never be forgotten again.

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, For Our Forgotten Veterans©

A Sailor's Uniform©

It seems a long time since this once young sailor wore that unifo rm, but my pride in what it stands for is as new as today?

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, A Sailor's Uniform©

One Veterans Pledge©

When it was my time, I served. My sons served, because I shared with them the value and meaning of serving. I wear the badge of doing the right thing, but also the pain of sending my sons into harms way. Today I can justify that it still is right, but am troubled over the pain my son h as and the pain of so many other sons and daughters and the pain of their loved ones, who, like myself, sent them off to war. So, today, I proudly serve our Veterans in the best ways I can. I am an activist for Veterans issues, I honor our standing military and I help with health and well being issues of our Veterans of all Era’s and for the active duty military of today.

This is the focus, this is our purpose, this is what we owe to our Veterans.

Richard G. Shuster, RandomlyRamblingRick, Memorial Day 2008

Have a safe, enjoyable and reflective Memorial Day weekend....rgs

rgsjesshuster@att.net

http://www.pmimchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868
RandomlyRamblingRick, at Point Man Ministries

No comments: